CaliforniaKids Healthcare Foundation was founded in 1992 with the mission to provide uninsured children access to basic health care services.
CaliforniaKids is an independent non-profit organization that provides comprehensive outpatient preventive and primary medical and dental insurance for children ages 2 through 18
CaliforniaKids is a broad-based community program partnering with corporations, private industry, foundations, health care providers, and community organizations.
CaliforniaKids has served more than 85,000 children who are not eligible for government-sponsored health care programs and whose parents cannot afford the high-cost of private medical insurance.
CaliforniaKids partners with community organizations to identify and enroll eligible children.
Our partners include:
- School Nurses
- Head Start and Healthy Start Programs
- Child Health, Disability, and Prevention Program (CHDP)
- Access for Infants and Mothers (AIM)
- Faith Community
- Community Volunteers
- Agents and Brokers
CaliforniaKids has contracted over 1,000 health care providers and 80% of the pharmacies throughout California to provide services to our members.
Monthly premium payments are required for participating families and minimal co-payments are required at the time services are rendered
Successes of the CaliforniaKids program include:
- Cost-effective services
- Provides the child with a “medical home”
- Member satisfaction
- Maintaining the family’s dignity
- Reduction in school absenteeism rates
- Reduction in parent’s absenteeism rates at work/higher productivity
- Child’s self-esteem is enhanced
- Peace of mind for the parents